1. Solid Challenge AAMQG Detail, 2. Sticks and Stones, 3. Rip, Rip, Ripping fabric challenge, 4. Dresden Gone Urban 2011 (Back), 5. Sam’s quilt, 6. Black Opals quilt, 7. 3LC in process, 8. Kona Challenge, 9. KHQ back view, 10. IMG_4883, 11. baby Ingrid in progress, 12. Chartreuse and Raspberry, 13. seaglass quilt top, 14. Broken Dishes Quilt top, 15. solids challenge quilt top, 16. love those geese!
My friend Katherine recently introduced me to a group of local Santa Barbara crafters, artists, and designers who sell on Etsy called EtsySB. They are promoting each other’s work and holding small boutiques around town. I love shopping on Etsy, but it’s always nice to buy local, so this sounds like an awesome combination. Plus, it’s a group not limited to one specific craft, so you can get inspiration from lots of different projects. I thought I’d share some of my favorite pieces from the EtsySB contingent — enjoy!
1. Quilt für Lisa, 2. city purple, 3. blue, 4. Q1 3×6 Bee Quilted Wall Hanging, 5. YIP 365.299 :: Honeycomb Hexagon quilt from Fresh Quilting, 6. Flamo the kid, 7. Plain Spoken in Kona “Denim”, 8. Work Quilt #4, 9. front
I’m pretty excited about the second Project Modern Challenge from the Modern Quilt Guild. The challenge is to create a quilt using only tints, shades, and tones of a single color! I looked to the Fresh Modern Quilts group on Flickr for some inspiration, as seen above. There actually weren’t many truly monochromatic quilts — modern quilters rely heavily on white sashing! I have a color and loose design in mind, so we’ll see if I actually get my act together and finish it before the March 31 challenge deadline.
1. Life In Technicolor, 2. circle of geese wip, 3. Color Wheel Quilt, 4. rainbow WIP, 5. Completed Bliss Quilt, 6. PMC1: Beth Gracie – Quilt, 7. Pillow 1 Pip Detail, 8. cathedral windows, 9. YIP 365.300 :: Annie’s picnic quilt, 10. Close up of It’s a Hoot Charm pack Pillow, 11. Martha, 12. Christmas gift pillow, 13. Boro Blues # 2 – Detail, 14. Noticing Subtlety…, 15. string quilt basted, 16. Values Quilt
1. Values Quilt, 2. tall grass, 3. munki munki baby quilt, 4. pillow for a friend, 5. wip basted and quilted, 6. polka dot string quilt, 7. Patchwork Quilt in Parisville by Tula Pink, 8. quilting detail, 9. Zoomy Dresden Plate
1. Colorful Life, 2. Modern Meadow Colorbrick Quilt, 3. flower power, 4. Hope Valley top, 5. Penguin Books Quilt finished, 6. finished., 7. Citrus HST Quilt, 8. I dance in circles, 9. YIP 365.290 :: Windows Improv pillow cover, 10. Quilted Shot Cotton Table Runner – Detail, 11. Circle Quilt, 12. Curlicue Crush